Oct 5 @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pm
The opportunities for online sales are growing. By selling online overseas, businesses like yours can access a vast amount of markets at very little cost. In this workshop, brought to you by the Marketing Centre and the Department for International Trade (DIT), we will help your company understand how to make the most of online selling opportunities through websites, e-marketplaces, social selling and more.
Together, we will look at the impressive growth of e-commerce and how you can utilise it as part of your export strategy. We will explore how to reach your target market and understand your customers and their needs. We will also look at the importance of creating a user journey to improve your chances of an online sale and how to measure results through analytics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
In this half-day workshop, we will cover:
- The rise and key drivers of e-commerce
- Understanding your target audience and their needs
- Proposition development and branding
- User journeys and developing funnels
- Reaching your online audience through advertising and marketing
- Measurements, analytics and KPIs
- DIT support and how to access the Exporting for Growth grant programme
After this workshop you will be able to:
- Successfully identify and target your customers
- Understand the growth of e-commerce
- Enhance your branding to improve your online presence
- Create a user journey to drive sales
- Measure your e-commerce results
- Enquire about DIT support and the Exporting for Growth grant programme
About the speaker:
Bernard is a senior marketing professional specialising in marketing management, brand strategy, digital marketing, multi-channel retailing, customer acquisition and retention. He trained and certified in process improvement methodologies and experienced in large-scale, complex transformation programmes. Bernard is also skilled in leadership and team development and a trained facilitator and coach. He earned an MBA from Manchester Metropolitan University.
Bernard has worked for large-scale organisations including GUS Home Shopping, GE Capital, Findel and Shop Direct before setting up his own marketing consultancy. He’s a Portfolio Marketing Director with The Marketing Centre offering part-time Marketing Director services to ambitious smaller businesses.
He is passionate about the role marketing has to play in modern business and sharing his knowledge.