Nov 12 @ 12:30 pm - 1:15 pm
Over a series of 5 weeks, Irwin Mitchell LLP will provide a weekly 30 minute workshop (brought to you over your lunch hour) to help you and your business deal with some of the common legal issues that you may come across.
Workshop 2: The importance of employment contracts and why your employment contracts and policies may need a reboot…..
This week, and over the course of 30 minutes, we will provide you with some top tips for the legal issues you may come across in your business in respect of Employment and HR.
We will discuss the below questions during the session along with explaining recent developments in the law that may affect your contracts and policies and help you decide whether they are fit for purpose.
- Do you issue contracts?
- How long has it been since you properly reviewed your employment contracts and policies?
- Are you confident that they are legally complaint and properly protect your business interests?
We will also discuss the key requirements of an employment contract;
- Notice clauses and why you need to think about how notice is served;
- Why you need to include a deduction from salary clause;
- What your holiday pay clause should include if they are to be legally compliant; and
- Why you need to get the contract “spot on” if you pay at or near the National Minimum Wage.
Doors open at 12:15 for informal networking and refreshments. Workshop to start at 12:30pm. We will hold a 15 minute Q&A session and aim to finish at 1:15pm.
Please sign in at reception upon your arrival, the event will take place in the East Meeting room. On registering for this event, we will be collecting personal information as part of our registration process. Irwin Mitchell LLP takes your privacy very seriously. Please read our privacy and security policy at <https://www.irwinmitchell.com/terms-conditions/privacy-security> to see how we protect and manage your personal data.”