Jun 24 @ 10:30 am - 1:00 pm
To take part in this online streamed seminar – you must be enrolled onto the ScaleUp 360 FREE Support Programme first. To find out more information – please contact Francesca Noble, our Account Manager for the Barnsley & Rotherham Area, on email@example.com or you can register for the programme here.
What will we cover?
Covid-19 has brought risk management to the fore. How many of us had prepared for this?
We begin by distinguishing risks and issues, before considering various examples of risk and identifying four approaches to risk management.
A key tool is a risk matrix, which plots impact against likelihood. The group discusses how the basic model might be improved. Do variables such as manageability provide insight or just overcomplicate? Could models such as ‘Suns and Clouds’ from Evans help?
The group then considers the merits of creating a risk (and issue) register and how best to do so. Yet identifying risks is clearly only the first step in a risk management strategy, so we discuss what that involves and how to adapt tried and tested processes to your business.
We then suggest that a potent source of risk comes from within – strategy – and encourage delegates to carry out strategic due diligence on their own companies.
The session ends with a discussion of Black Swans.
What will I learn?
• the difference between risks and issues
• four approaches to risk management, as well as their pros and cons
• how to draw up a risk matrix and various ways to improve it
• why you need a risk register and what it should contain
• the elements of a successful risk management strategy
• how strategic due diligence can protect your company
• what we mean by Black Swans and the relevance to your business.
Who should attend?
Any entrepreneur, director, or manager who recognises the importance of managing risk in their business.