Jun 22 @ 10:30 am - 1:00 pm
To take part in this online streamed seminar – you must be enrolled onto the ScaleUp 360 FREE Support Programme first. To find out more information – please contact Francesca Noble, our Account Manager for the Barnsley & Rotherham Area, on email@example.com, alternatively you can register here.
What will we cover?
We start by identifying what we mean by public relations (PR) – and, more importantly, what we don’t. PR isn’t about handling the media or part of your marketing mix.
It’s instead about establishing goodwill between your organisation, your stakeholders, and your publics – and that sometimes means that it’s you that needs to adapt, not them.
This is especially important during Covid-19 and we consider case studies from the present situation as illustrations throughout the workshop.
We consider what we mean by a stakeholder and a public, considering them in terms of the porosity of any modern business.
We then move on to discuss four models of public relations and the suggestion that only one is appropriate in the twenty first century.
It’s then time to consider how to draft your PR campaign. To do this, we adopt the CREATE/VALUE framework for Public Relations, which sets out the:
– context in which your organisation is operating
– results you are seeking to achieve
– execution that this demands, in terms of strategy and tactics
– assignments both internal and external this requires
– tests to put in place as you work on the campaign
– evaluation at the end to learn lessons for the future
As dialogue is central to public relations, the framework also identifies the:
– vision that your organisation has
– audience you are trying to reach
– language that you should use
– understanding that you seek in your audience
– emotion that you want them to feel
What will I learn?
– what public relations is (and is not)
– the difference between stakeholders and publics – and how to identify them
– the four types of public relations and their pros/cons
– how to draft a PR campaign
– the best way to communicate with people.
The tools in CREATE/VALUE for Public Relations complement those in CREATE/VALUE for Marketing; as such, the two workshops function very well together.
Who should attend?
Any entrepreneur, director, or manager who wants to maintain goodwill with the people who matter to their business.