Nov 29 @ 8:30 am - 11:30 am
“Entrepreneurs are the lifeblood of the economy and we recognise the importance of ensuring that businesses get off to the best start with the right support.
This masterclass brought to you by Charlotte Peel from Irwin Mitchell LLP in conjunction with Brook Corporate Developments will give advice and support to help you achieve your strategic objectives and provide you with some top tips for the legal issues you may come across in your business.
In this 2 hour masterclass, we will cover:
- Strategic overview – why strategic plans should bear in mind the legal aspects
- The building blocks of your business considering in particular opportunities for investment and exit strategy should a shareholder want to leave or if they are not pulling their weight
- Avoiding potential problems in your business such as the importance of putting agreements in writing and knowing whose terms and conditions you can rely on
- Top tips on how to avoid Employment Tribunal claims and the most common pitfalls to be aware of (including touching on recruitment, employment contracts, discrimination and dismissals).
- Debt, Bankruptcy and Winding up Petitions and how they don’t have to result in Insolvency
- Key considerations for Tenants in respect of leases
- Protecting your business’ Intellectual Property
- Round up – strategic plans – implementation – areas of interest for follow up