Jun 11 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Free Workshop – Key Elements Your Shipping Office Will Need to Understand
The UK government is currently negotiating our Withdrawal Agreement for leaving the EU. Whilst hoping for a trade deal which will continue to allow us preferential access to the EU, they are preparing for the worst and issuing advice on what businesses need to do in case of a hard Brexit.
Amongst this advice, are some key elements that your shipping staff will need to understand in order to facilitate the efficient movement of your shipments (export or import) through Customs controls.
This workshop will present those key elements in a plain English format and provide clear guidance on what your business needs to do and how to do it. Delegates will leave the course with the knowledge and confidence to apply what they’ve learnt back at the office.
Suitable for those businesses who trade only with the EU, as well as for those exporting and importing to and from non-EU countries.
- The Commercial Invoice
- Information that needs to appear
- The Tariff and H S Tariff codes for your products:
- What is a Customs duty?
- How to find the appropriate tariff code for your goods
- Using the Tariff to understand duties and customs requirements for exports and imports
- The Export and Import Customs Entry
- Explaining your responsibilities
- Clarifying the fields on the Entry that have a direct impact on duties
- VAT and Proof of Export
- Duty Reliefs
- We consider a variety of programmes offered by HMRC which allow you to defer or avoid the payment of duty and VAT:
- Duty Deferment accounts
- Customs Warehousing
- Inward Processing Relief
- Outward Processing Relief
- Returned Goods Relief
- Rejected Imports
Venue- BarnsleyBIC, Innovation Way, Barnsley, S75 1JL
This workshop is for Barnsley business rate payers only and is limited to 1 delegate per company.
Any non attendees will be charged the training rate of £250 + VAT.
Kindly Sponsored by:
Chamber Skills Solutions, Phone:01709 386200,
Email:firstname.lastname@example.org, Website:, www.brchamber.co.uk/training